Isle of Klezbos (re: NYBC event & new shows)

Hi,
We're just back from our Isle of Klezbos tour & thanks to all who attended.
We had a wonderful time at all the shows.

Sorry for any confusion as to the National Yiddish Book Center show.  Ari was
certainly only further announcing publicity which I sent for the band, info
for which I am responsible.  The NYBC show was originally scheduled to be
outdoors.  Sometime between our being booked and our performance, the
organizers decided that for audience seating comfort, we would not play in
the outdoor amphitheater.  The NYBC indoor auditorium is beautiful, but space
is limited.  (However, there were certainly some folks in that packed house
who came just for the music, so I'm still not sure exactly which policy we
were experiencing... anyway, nice to hear so many people singing all the
Yiddish lyrics back to us!)  We can't always e-mail the latest developments
from the road, and that's why we always include phone numbers and whatever
contact info we can for each venue.  Thanks for checking these out.  BTW, I
don't think anyone was ever turned away at the door there, as we tried to
clarify the situation.

We do hope to play in Western Massachusetts again - at an indubitably open
venue - before too long.  And sounds like we'll be back for another public
concert at Harvard University (a larger venue there next time) within the
coming year.  We'll keep you posted as best we can, or check
<www.metropolitanklezmer.com> for details.  New listings going up this week!

thanks,
Eve Sicular for the Isle of Klezbos
151 First Ave #145, NYC  10003    tel: 212/475-4544