Re: Isle of Klezbos Review

Henry and Hankus, you guys off today, or what?

In the breach,  I'll have a go at klez history:

As Max Epstein said many times at klezkamp, Peshe Melnick  -- not Tarras --
wrote the tune "The Epsteins," and Hankus credits Melnick on KCB's 13th
Anniversary album.

The Epsteins had a "theme song" called "Epsteins Nign," which you can hear
on Patterns of Jewish Life, the live-in-concert German album.  Also, Pete
Sokolow transcribed it in the Tara piano/klezmer arranging book.

When the Dukes of Freilachland recorded "The Epsteins," I think they called
it "Buglar in Cm."  I don't have the album's song titles here.

Bert Stratton
Yiddishe Cup Klezmer Band
Cleveland