Hundreth Year Workmen's Circle Jubilee celebration

Just got back from our Jubilee concert, and boy was it fun!  After my
part of the show, "Songs My Bohbe Should Have Taught Me" - childrens'
songs, and the Workmen's Circle Klezmer Orchestra (20 of us were there
tonight), Adrienne Cooper and 6 wonderful Russian musicians played and
sang a variety of Russian and Yiddish numbers.  Since the U. S. Embassy
denied visas of 5 of the 10 Russian artists who were supposed to have
come, we were fortunate to have Margot Leverett play clarinet for us.
First time I'd heard her.  Fabulous and heartfelt playing.  Adrienne has
arranged for others to fill the remaining spots for tomorrow's 22nd
annual Yiddish Concert in the Park here in Cleveland.  I don't know who
they are but I will report tomorrow.

Sholem aleykhem, khaverim,
Lorele