KlezKamp 2000: The 16th Annual Yiddish Folk Arts Program

Living Traditions is pleased to announce KlezKamp: The 16th Annual Yiddish
Folk Arts Program, to be held December 24-29th 2000 at the Cherry Hill Hilton
in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.

Our new site, located just outside Philadelphia, has inspired us to focus on
the rich tradition of Yiddish culture and history in the City of Brotherly
Love. New to our staff this year are veteran klezmorim Paul Pincus, Howie
Leess and Elaine Hoffman Watts (daughter of the illustrious Philly
percussionist Jacob Hoffman), theater doyenne Chayele Ash, Youth Orchestra
director Ken Richmond and historian/Yiddishist Rakhmiel Peltz. We also
welcome back Hankus Netsky, bassist Jim Guttmann, tubist/bassist Mark Rubin,
fiddler Deb Strauss, dance instructor Steven Weintraub and midi-studio wizard
Alan Zemel, among others. The program includes our renowned classes in
klezmer music, Yiddish language and literature, song, foodways and visual
arts. Our KlezKids activities for children ages 2-11 are once again under the
capable direction of Debby Cohen-Mlotek.

And, for the first time, we are proud to present a four-part series of
workshops comparing and contrasting Ashkenazic and Sephardic musical genres,
conducted by Canadian ethnomusicologist Judith Cohen. This course is made
possible by a grant from the Maurice Amado Foundation.

A full staff list will appear in the Fall brochure.

The Hilton at Cherry Hill is a modern, full-service conference center located
just minutes from the Philadelphia airport and less than 90 minutes from
midtown Manhattan. It features outstanding kosher food, comfortable class
settings and beautiful, plush bedrooms.

Brochures will go out in the early Fall.

Please note that despite the increase in hotel ammenities and service at our
new location, the cost of our double occupancy rooms remains the same as last
year.

Tuition/room and board:
$850 single
$690 double
Teens 12-17 $610
6-11 $350
2-5 $310
Under 2- Free
Suites available. Please call for rates.

KlezKamp: The 16th Annual Yiddish Folk Arts Program
http://www.livingtraditions.org/klezkamp.htm
Director: Henry Sapoznik
Coordinator: Lorin Sklamberg
Operations: Dan Peck
--

Dan Peck    Milesquare Associates  Living Traditions
Co-Author of Filemaker 5 Advanced: Visual Quick Pro Guide (Peachpit Press)