Afro-Semitic Experience Makes New Haven debut

David Chevan's Afro-Semitic Experience has been invited to make its New
Haven area debut in a free outdoor concert that is being presented in
conjunction with the International Festival of Arts and Ideas by the Livable
Cities Initiative.  This group is organizing a series of celebrations in ten
neighborhood green space/community gardens. The City has asked the Festival
to provide entertainment for these neighborhood celebrations. The events are
taking  place on Saturday, June 24, from 3:30 to 5:00 pm. We will be
performing outdoors at a site in the Newhallville area of New Haven, in the
Community Garden at the corner of Bassett and Newhall Streets.  For more
information about this event please contact the International Festival of
Arts and Ideas at (203) 946-3800.  I know many of you are shomer shabbos and
won't be able to attend the event, but those of you who are not are invited
to come and hear our music. The group that afternoon will include David
Chevan on bass, Richard McGhee on soprano sax, Ray "Dr. Rackle" Williams on
trumpet, Noah Baerman on keys, and Ron Braggs on drums and vocals.  Hope to
see you there.

* * *
David Chevan
Southern Connecticut State University
501 Crescent St.
New Haven, CT 06517
(203) 392-6630

email: chevan (at) scsu(dot)ctstateu(dot)edu
or check out my website by clicking here
http://www.chevan.addr.com