Re: Crystal?! I can see right through that fib.....

----- Original Message -----
From: "farfl's house" <farfl (at) idirect(dot)ca>
To: "World music from a Jewish slant" <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 12:55 AM
Subject: Crystal?! I can see right through that fib.....

> Not such an absurd answer, actually, as at least one major clarinet
manufacturer offers a transparent, crystal clarinet mouthpiece. I know I
have a listing for one in a 1931 Selmer catalogue! I guess his answer is
akin to someone telling their children that the hotdogs they're eating are
actually "tubesteaks".
> Regards,
> Lederman

The mouthpieces I've seen are glass, but I don't know if they are lead glass
that should be called "crystal".  I hope the aren't for the health of the
player.