Re: tsimbl

Has any one had any experience, good, bad or ugly, with the small cymbalom
being sold for $500-600 by Lark in the Morning? My music partner, who's
played hammered dulcimer professionally for many years, is attending
KlezKanada with me, and would like to show up with something approximating a
tsimbl so as to be able to study with Zev, Josh, Stuart, Kurt, etc... In the
long range, we're in the market for a high quality instrument, and would be
interested in any leads on a good tsimbl, however, good instrument builders
tend to have long waiting lists, and so we need something adequate for the
festival (i.e., that will hold it's tuning and not self destruct when tuned
to pitch...)

Many thanks,

Seth

--