Re: new reviews of new CDs

Well, either klezmer, or new Jewish music! Of the three recordings
you mention, two are very much not klezmer, and the Khevrisa album
focuses on a repertoire played by master klezmorim, but at times
and places different from the dance repertoire we usually associate
with the word.

This explosion of new Jewish music, whether it be a deeper exploration
of the repertoire of klezmorim, or new settings for traditional liturgy
and readings (the latest Pharaoh's Daughter), or bringing an important
part of recent history back to life (Ghetto Tango) is one of the wonderful
aspects of what was once a "klezmer" revival.

But let's not overextend the term "klezmer" to cover all Jewish music.
(If you do, you'll ruin the paper I'm writing on the subject!)

ari