Re: Do we need Publishers?

All of us who have sold CD's have first hand knowledge of how much money goes
back to the creative person, musician or author, when handled by various
distributors.  We are a very small nitch market. Publishers will always make
a decision based on what is potentially profitable. Not what's needed,
beneficial, or even loved by a market. Josh has some 78's that I would like
to hear, I'd pay $30+ dollars for a CD with stuff that he thinks is important
and isn't available. I know the cost of small run CDs isn't cheap. Josh put
together the CD and some music take some orders do a limited prepaid run.
I'll be the first to buy it, as will lots of fellow listers. We cannot let
the machine stop the flow of information.

Tom Puwalski  Clarinetist with Lox &Vodka, and formerly known as Sarge