Re: New Budowitz Tea

... I forgot about the Jewish-music-connection:

Russian Jews created a new Peysakh-song around 1820, called "my pure little
tea glass" ("mayn kosher gleyzele"), which became a well-known song all over
Eastern Europe and was soon translated into different languages. By 1840
there even was an English version, "The clean, clean glass of home". A
scottish folk singer, Duncan "Earl" McGrey, composed a new melody and brought
it to Ireland around 1845. The Irish soon changed the text, since they
couldn't afford tea glasses, and drinking tea from pints would burn their
hands. During the great famine they were the first to bring it to the US of
A. 30 years later, emigrating Jews stopped singing that song, when they were
forced to drink from mugs on the boats, and due to poor Jewish-Irish contacts
in the US nobody ever found out that "Mayn kosher gleyzele" and "The green,
green grass of home" once had been the same song.
In 2002, Mr. J. Horowitz ("The Jewish Ice-T") discovered the connection by
interviewing old Irish tsimblists during Budowitz' first Ireland tour. All
three different versions were first published in 2003 on Budowitz' third
album, "Tea without a glass".