Re: Deadline for Submission

At 06:04 PM 4/25/00 EDT, you wrote:
>We have received so many inquiries as to the deadline for Submission for the
>Celebrate Shabbat that I post here!!!
>
>Deadline is May 26, 2000
>
>Chag Sameach
>
>Craig

Hi Craig,
OY!!! This is very frustrating.  You'll recall that I submitted material
from my CD, AVADIM HAYINU for the Celebrate Passover CD and you were
concerned about the "live" quality of the recording.  Well . . . . Warren
and I are booked to record our second CD, "If I Can Help Somebody" on June 6
and 7, a week after the submissions are due.  Given the quality and nature
of what we do, are you at all amenable to the idea of a little flexibility
with regard to the timeline for when we submit?  I was considering an
interpretation of ETZ CHAIM HEE, the piece sung after the Torah is returned
to the ark.  It's a Shabbat piece we've been performing at a large number of
our concerts and that we were planning to include on the new recording.  We
also are going to record a version OSeh Shalom but I'm sure everyone in the
world wants to submit that piece and I'd rather something that is a bit more
special.
Given the nature of the project that Warren and I do and the overwhelmingly
positive critical response we've gotten I think our contribution to the
Celebrate Shabbat CD would be rather unique and worthwhile and I would
appreciate it if you would take this request under consideration.
All my best,
David Chevan
* * *
David Chevan
Southern Connecticut State University
501 Crescent St.
New Haven, CT 06517
(203) 392-6630

email: chevan (at) scsu(dot)ctstateu(dot)edu or chevan (at) csu(dot)cted(dot)net
or check out my website by clicking here
http://users.csu.cted.net/~chevan/