Re: Recording the complete Gebirtig)

In a message dated 4/4/0 10:23:13 PM, GRComm (at) concentric(dot)net writes:

<< I'm embarrassed to say I'm not familiar with Lemm. I'd love to know more

about his recordings of Gebirtig.

Manfred Lemm has recorded 3 CDs of consisting of 52 Gebirtig songs.  He has
also recorded (with an ensemble) a CD of Jewish holiday songs, mostly in
Yiddish and some in Hebrew.

We have carried his CDs for almost 10 years, and I have posted information on
Lemm to this list a number of times. We have done very well with his
recordings, and get calls from all over the word for these. However, there
have always been comments about the fact that he is German and a non-Jew, and
therefore he "doesn't understand" the music. I DON'T want to get involved in
THAT debate, however, I admire anyone regardless of their religionor
nationality , who is willing to record Jewish music knowing the criticism
that will follow.
Maybe THAT'S the reason so many Jewish performers record Christmas music!

For those interested in his recordings, visit our "Manfred Lemm Page" at
http://www.hatikvahmusic.com
Then do a search on "lemm" to see all his recrdings.
Simon
Hatikvah