Influence of Bach on Hatikvah

Judah wrote:
<<I could mention the similarities between the opening measures of Bach's
Double Concerto in D minor and the opening phrase of "Hatikvah,">>

But I thought it was well known that Bach actually wrote Hatikvah! ;-)

On the other hand, if you start out with a known good causal connection,
such flimsy similarities can mean more. I'm only bringing this up because
the Bach/Hatikvah example reminded me of it. This has nothing to do with
the topic Judah was writing on:

Did anyone else notice that, in the "In the Fiddler's House" documentary,
when Perlman was improvising with the Klezmatics, at one point he started a
solo with the opening bar of a Bach violin partita? In this case, I
wouldn't call it a coincidence. People tend to fall back on what they know
when they improvise.

Matt