Re: The Women of Tim Pan Alley on Video (gratuitous footnote)

  Actually the woman who wrote this song, wrote it about her husband who did
on Omaha Beach during WW. 2. Personally, I like the song... and if you ever
listen to Frank Sinatra sing it...you'll discover why. There is a great deal
of pathos to it...as opposed to bathos.  Real love and sentiment.
     Trudi the G