Re: Yiddish Peysakh songs--+ versions of Chad Gadya

Lorele et al.:  The Folkways recording CHAD GADYA [One Kid]--presumably
available on custom cassette and soon via CD?--includes two Yiddish versions
of that song.  There is (interesting) annotation in the notes, but no
specific author or composer is given for either.

The recording is a small sampling of some 100 (or maybe 200) versions of
Chad Gadya that were collected by Abraham A. Schwadron and written up in
SELECTED REPORTS IN ETHNOMUSICOLOGY, Vol. 4, Special Issue, 1981-82.  The
entire collection of recorded melodies is, I believe, deposited with the
Library of Congress--I have more info on this somewhere and can advise, at
some point, if needed.

--Robert Cohen