From: MaxwellSt (at) aol(dot)com
To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Subject: Re: March 26th Middle Eastern Festival in Chicago: Your Ideas
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 02:19:02 EST
>From owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org Sun Mar 05 02:08:19 2000
Sender: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org

Here's a question:

There are both Arabic and Jewish groups playing at this fest.  I am looking
for suggestions as to musical pieces or songs that all participants could
play together, jam on, etc.  The first thing that comes to my mind is
Yemenite or Morrocan pieces that both cultures share.  Any other thoughts?

Lori
Maxwell Street