fwd: Romanian cimpoi mavens sought

OK, this isn't exactly Jewish music, but someone on this list could
probably help this guy.

Message forwarded by the Society for Romanian Studies news editor:

Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 16:04:53 -0500
To: SRSList (at) huntington(dot)edu
From: "Paul E. Michelson" <pmichelson (at) huntington(dot)edu>
Subject: SPECIAL REQUEST TO ALL BAGPIPERS
Sender: owner-SRSlist (at) huntington(dot)edu

JOHN DeMETRICK, currently in Cluj, is doing some research on the
Romanian bagpipe, the cimpoi. He writes:  "I would be interested in
hearing from anyone out there that has something to say about the
subject. I am looking for information concerning history, recordings,
personal experiences, etc. Currently I am creating a research
catalogue to all the recordings of cimpoi in the major ethnographic
archives in Cluj and Bucuresti. I will expand my research as time
goes on, For instance, I would like to amplify the catalogue to
include any commercially produced recordings abroad. I hope that
someone out there has some more information for me concerning
recordings? In any event at least send any comments, anecdotes, or
whatever you have to say about the cimpoi to me! It would be useful
to create some sort of database of cimpoi players so send me your
contact info.

Send your replies to:
John DeMetrick <jdemetrick (at) codec(dot)ro>