Re: kippelekh

Have you looked in the Jewish cook books? Cooking is very regional and the
names of dishes often change according to region. "Kippelekh" in my
parent's house (from Bukovina) meant the crescent rolls with caraway seeds
on them.- Itzik

>Khaverim,
>
>I'm trying to find a recipe for a cookie called Kippelekh.  A friend of
>mine described it to me as something her grandmother, an apparently
>amazing cook, used to make.  It was a big, puffy cookie, perhaps made
>with sour cream or cream cheese.  I posted my request to Mendele twice,
>but it hasn't been included even once!  Can anyone help me?  My friend
>misses her Bubbe and doesn't have the recipe.  I'd like to surprise her
>with it.
>
>A dank,
>Lorele

Dr. Itzik Nakhmen Gottesman
Assistant Professor, Yiddish Language and Culture
Department of Germanic Studies
University of Texas at Austin
EPS 3.102
Austin, TX 78704-1190