RE: Carlebach (addendum)

I'd like to put in a plug for Moshe's music. I was fortunate enough to
acquire the last copy of "Sulam" (recorded in 1990) that Simon had. I
find his music very moving. As I am a clarinetist who is trying to learn
flute I find his use both of the flute as a solo instrument and of the
clarinet and the flute playing "Yakhad" (In Unison)  with the flute an
octave above Moshe's very gutsy clarinet almost hypnotizing.

The musicianship is wonderful, the soulfullness and expression are all
there in abundance, and the mild pushing of the envelope (vis a vis the
flute/clarinet interplay) is entirely to my liking.

I also listened to the few sound clips that are on the Tara site and had
the same reaction (although I probably could have done without the
synthesizer :-).

Maybe through this list we can make Moshe's music more available (or at
least find out where to get it form Israel or put in a special order or
something like that)

Dick