Carlebach

Chevre,

I'm currently planning a radio show on Sh. Carlebach (for the Radio
Popolare, Milano, three year old show, now at its fifth edition).

I am not really a fan of Carlebach. Instead, I'm interested in
exploring the phenomenon: appearently, some people in Italy
(expecially non-Jewish Jewish culture lovers) like his music a lot. I
would like to understand why...

After a short research in the Net, all I came up with were a bunch of
upsetting overly right-wing ultra-orthodox (I've nothing against
Orthodoxy, but I'm not really a fan of its most common political
turns, as you may imagine) sites. With very little general
information (biography, reviews, etc.).

Is there any objective information about Carlebach around?

Thanks for your help,
Francesco

ps the main resource I've found so far is the following:
http://www.shamash.org/judaica/rebshlomo/
YUVAL  ITALIA     Centro Studi Musica Ebraica
the  Italian Center for the Study of Jewish Music

via della Guastalla,19            20122 Milano Italy
tel/fax +39 02 55014977    yuval (at) powerlink(dot)it
            http://www.powerlink.it/yuval