Re: sherele

Haim Kaufman wrote:
Just had a brief discussion about this question with Ayalah Goren-Kadman
[she]
recalls that her mother collected the segments of the dance from older
immigrants from Eastern Europe and put them (or stitched them) together
toform the highly structured dance with the series of formations we know as
the "Sherele".

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the original notes taken by Gert Kaufman, from
the assorted versions of the sher done by the Eastern European immigrants as
they came to Israel were in an archive. I wonder if they were kept.
Helen