Re: article on women in klezmer by George Robinson

It's interesting how many women-only bands there are now, as well.

Mikveh is its own special case, but KlezMs, Esther's Klezmer Band in
Santa Cruz, CA; and Tsatskelehs, in Minneapolis, are all regular simkha
bands that are also all-women.

As for women-led bands, just looking local to Boston, there are Klezamir,
Klezical Traditional, and, assuming Dena to be the leader, her bostoner
klezmer.

ari