Avadim Hayinu: Concert at Boston College

David Chevan and Warren Byrd will be bringing their critically acclaimed
concert of jazz interpretations sacred works from the Jewish and
African-American to the Greater Boston area in early February, 2000.

Their CD, Avadim Hayinu--Once We Were Slaves, was on the Jewish Weeks top
ten recordings of 1998 and is on the list of top all-time ten best selling
Jewish Jazz CDs  at jewishmusic.com.

"A brilliant piano-bass duo reading of tunes from the Jewish and
African-American sacred traditions and easily the best record I've reviewed
this year. Warm, intelligent and swinging..." Jewish Week

"Avadim Hayinu" was a moving, inspiring program that brought together the
Jewish and African-American communities at UNH in both planning and enjoying
a community wide event." Raina Goldberg, Director of Regional Student
Services, Hillel Council of New England

 "I would like to indicate my appreciation for the educational quality-not
to mention the musical quality-of the selections that David and Warren
performed for our event . . .  [The] comments before each selection were
learned and engagingly presented and provided a striking example of how
music can reach the mind as well as the soul." Dr. Peter Zaas, Professor of
Religious Studies, Siena College

They will be appearing on Thursday, February 10, 2000, 7:30 p.m. in Gasson
Hall 100 on Middle Campus at Boston College

Sponsored by Boston College Hillel, NAACP, Black Student Forum,
Undergraduate Goverment Social and Cultural Issues, Jewish Student
Projects of Greater Boston, and Hillel International
* * *
David Chevan
Southern Connecticut State University
501 Crescent St.
New Haven, CT 06517
(203) 392-6630

email: chevan (at) scsu(dot)ctstateu(dot)edu or chevan (at) csu(dot)cted(dot)net
or check out my website by clicking here
http://users.csu.cted.net/~chevan/