Re: di frosh

>I was watching a Tom and Jerry cartoon with my 4 year old this evening
>(Tom was trying to rest in a hammock) when Jerry saw a frog and got an
>idea of how to harrass Tom.  Under the close up of the frog was music
>that I immediately identified as "Di Frosh", and I thought, "Hmm, that's
>mighty interesting".  As I was recreating it in my mind (the cartoon
>had, of course, gone on), I found myself thinking about "Froggy Went a
>Courtin'" and got confused.  Which was which?  Which one was the tune I
>heard?

The relation of these tunes came to my head one day a couple of years
ago--I think I started singing one and unconciously switched to the other
mid-tune.

Peggy

Peggy H. Davis Calligraphy & Wholesale Klezmer Band
Colrain MA 01340
413-624-3204 (phone/fax)
http://www.crocker.com/~ganeydn
"Fine lettering in Hebrew and English."