RE: Mikhl Gelbart

He was not considered a great composer.

Reyzl

----------
From:  Lori Cahan-Simon [SMTP:L_Cahan (at) chuh(dot)org]
Sent:  Sunday, January 09, 2000 8:13 AM
To:  World music from a Jewish slant
Subject:  Mikhl Gelbart

Tayere khaverim,

I'm going to be singing a program of Yiddish children's songs at the
Yidish Vinkl at the Cleveland Workmen's Circle, if anyone would like to come,
on Sunday evening of February 6.

It seems that most of the music to recent stuff was written by Mikhl
Gelbart.  I know that he was a composer, and was connected to the New
York W. C. and taught there, but not much else.  Can anyone tell me a
little about his life and work so I might say a few informed words about him at
the concert?

A dank,
Lorele