Re: demand for "authentic" ethnic

At 12:31 PM 1/7/2000 EST, sh wrote:
>Human interest storytelling and  people getting nerdy/preachy about
>authenticity taking the place of audience members who really want to see
>music develop, maybe.

Skip,

I respect your enthusiasm for the development of the new. But if *demand for
"authentic" ethnic* is truly a widespread trend, I wouldn't dismiss it as a
mere substitute for anything else. It has its own enthusiasm and legitimacy.
That's what I was hoping that people would have insights into.

Matt

Simon wrote:
<<There is a real strong demand for "authentic" ethnic music of every sort,
not just in the Jewish market.>>