RE: P.P.S.

When I visited the Abie Rotenberg material at jewishmusic.com I found that
all of the Dveykus recordings are unavailable.  Does anyone know of another
source where I could find or give a listen?
David
At 10:29 PM 1/5/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Debbie has utilized the "Boi V'shalom" from Dveykus (IV?) only she does it
>faster and does it as a full "L'cha Dodi." (Well, in the liberal setting,
>maybe verse 1, 2, 5 &9.) Abie's pretty and plaintive melody becomes more of
>a chassidic frenzy.
>
>Debbie has also taught and performed the Regesh "Shalom Aleichem" as well,
>and it, too, is transformed into a somewhat more upbeat version than the
>original. It's one of those "energenzier bunny" type tunes-it keeps going
>and going and going.
>
>Debbie taught these works at Hava Nashira, and subsequently used them at
>CAJE, UAHC Biennials, etc.
>
>They have both been big audience hits, though I imagine few who have heard
>and sung them realize where they are from and what the original arrangements
>were like.
>
>Adrian

* * *
David Chevan
Southern Connecticut State University
501 Crescent St.
New Haven, CT 06517
(203) 392-6630

email: chevan (at) scsu(dot)ctstateu(dot)edu or chevan (at) csu(dot)cted(dot)net
or check out my website by clicking here
http://users.csu.cted.net/~chevan/