Jewish music and non-Jewish idioms

Well, fwiw, I would categorize (if the categorizing matters at all) by the
recording/piece/project, *not* by the musician!  So, e.g., DIASPORA SOUL
(which I don't know {of] and am now interested in hearing) would, based on
Gideon's description, be an example of (again, if anybody cares)
incorporating contemporary idioms into Jewish music (Ben Sidran did this,
too, w/ jazzy stylings) rather than the reverse.