Gefiltefish, the website

I haven't been able to get any of Phish's Jewish music, but I did find the
orthodox spiritual phish site below.

Gideon

http://www.gefiltefish.org/

 Gefiltefish: Jewish Appetizers for the Soul is a traveling road show of
Jewish spirituality, loosely centered around the musical band "Phish". For
its first project Gefiltefish will be on summer tour creating a space on
Phishlot for some kosher food, funky Jewish music, story telling, Torah
study, spirituality sessions and chasidic/kabbalistic meditation.

For those of you not familiar with the Phish scene, thousands of fans form a
travelling community that accompanies the band from city to city. Concerts
(referred to as "shows") last several hours beginning in the evening. Prior
to and following every show a festival/carnival type atmosphere envelops the
concert venue's parking lot. For most of the day, tens of thousands of fans
meet in this low-key, very relaxed setting.

Rav Shmuel Skaist, our spiritual leader, is an Orthodox Rabbi who lectures in
philosophy at a major Israeli university and plays rock and roll regularly at
Jerusalem nightspots (People). He describes his vision for Gefiltefish as
follows -

"My goals are;
1. To break down stereotypes - to help Jews be more in touch with and proud
of their religion and excited about Torah study and to help non Jews
understand what Judaism is all about.

2. To establish Gefiltefish as a traveling embassy for Judaism, engaging in
spiritual diplomacy to bring a deeper understanding and appreciation of my
heritage to others.

3. To share what I know and at the same time to learn from others. It is up
to each individual to decide how to apply my teachings to their lives (or
whether to apply them at all) and therefore I judge my successes based on
meaningful interactions and honest relationships.

4. Oh, and also to get to see Phish every other night for three and a half
weeks!"

If you're on tour this summer or are just catching one show look for the
yellow Star of David flag on Phishlot. All are welcome to drop by and jam,
discuss and have a great and meaningful time. If you can’t make it to the
shows check out our Live On Tour page for daily updates including pix and
Pagetalk buttons about our tour.

When "Phish" is not on tour, the traveling community moves into cyberspace.
So will Gefiltefish. We will maintain contact with the wonderful people we’ve
met on tour via e-mail, a bimonthly zine and this website.