Re: TSUFIT "Under the Mediterranean Sky" CD available for airplay and reviews

At 10:36 AM 11/28/99 -0500, you wrote:
>  HI!  In the summer, we offered airplay copies of this album to Jewish radio
>shows and review copies to Jewish music journalists.(TSUFIT herself has an
>interesting background and would also make an interesting feature article
>subject.)

<Big Snip>

"The song about motherly advice got some laughing listeners calling in, and
the Richard Farina tune at the end is a real beautiful interpretation.
Thanks again for sending us the music."
Rik James, KGLT  91.9 FM  Bozeman, Montana

Hi, Pablo. Worth noting that the so-called "Richard Farina tune at the end"
- A Swallow Song - is in fact a very slight melodic variant on the
Sephardic tune "Los Bilbilicos" (itself often used as the table song "Tzur
Mishelo"). Farina evidently did not credit the original source on his LPs
(and it is not credited in the recent CD re-release.)

I'd be interested if folks know of other recordings that use this variant.
My wife learned "A Swallow Song" at summer camp and had no idea of its origin.

B'shalom,

Joel

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home:           781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Cell:           781-622-0309
Email:          jbresler (at) ma(dot)ultranet(dot)com