Balkan Benefit CD

Anyone interested in Balkan music, or in buying a CD to benefit Doctors
Without Borders should check out the new disc Balkans without Borders
(Omnium), http://www.omnium.com/balkans/index2.html

This disc is packed with contemporary takes (trad and experimental) on Balkan
music, and it helps a good cause.

The requisite Jewish angle:  The Klezmatics' "An Undoing World" and Israeli
Singer Meira Asher's "Tiring Night."

Punk-folk fans should check out Farmers Market who do an amazing thrash
version of a trad Bulgarian Kopanica.  Like good punks the song is intense
and lasts one minute - what I wish all of the Kleta Red songs would have
done.  I've heard of a wandering Jew, but I don't know about a wandering
punk...

Gideon