Re: DANGER! Hold on to your wallets

Sheesh, Bob, go to work already! <G>

Here goes.

At 07:16 AM 10/14/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Those of you who buy Jewish music CDs probably should not surf over to
>http://www.alapage.com/  As I've continued searching other words
>(e.g., judeo), I've continued to discover unfamiliar titles.  Perhaps
>Joel has had the same experience.  So proceed with caution.
>
>By the way, remember that you may well be able to get several of the
>titles from several of the vendors on our list  (and maybe even some
>of the obscure titles, e.g., Judeo Arabes --- Simon?).  But this is
>one way of finding out about their existence.
>
>"judeo"
>            1 - Ladino folk songs (Judeo spanish) de ISRAEL
>             2 - Morenica (Chansons judéo-espagnoles) (Digipack) de
>JACINTA

Argentinean now living in Paris. I enjoy her a lot. Should be widely
available; distributed through harmonia mundi

>             3 - Judeo spanish songs de BACZYNSKY, MICHELE , KOUMI,
>TALITA

Actually, Talita Koumi is the accompanying group; it's not a person's name.
Pleasant ?Belgian? release.

>             4 - Chants judéo-espagnols de AZEN, HENRIETTE

Non-native speaker but did learn the songs from her mother. Priceless classic.

>             5 - Chants judéo-espagnols de ENGEL, HELENE

I have a copy.

>             6 - Chants sépharades (Chants judéo-espagnols) de ALONDRA,
>GROUPE
>             7 - La musique judéo-arabe / vol.2 de TUNISIE
>             8 - Chants judéo-espagnols de la Méditerranée Orientale de
>EUROPE

Absolutely vital disc of Aguado and Gerassi singing a range of songs.
Should be widely available on INEDIT (France)

>             9 - Chants judéo-espagnols de ISRAEL
>             10 - Trésors de la musique judéo-arabe de REINETTE
>L,ORANAISE

She is a treasure...

>             11 - Trésors de la musique judéo-arabe de PEREZ, RENE
>             12 - Mosaic (Yiddish and judeo spanish songs) de ESPAGNE

Believe Baczynsky figures in these releases too; would have to look it up.

>             13 - Yiddish and judeo-spanish songs de MOSAIC
>             14 - La musique Judéo-arabe / vol.1 de ALGERIE , MAROC
>             15 - Paseando (Chants judéo-espagnols) de ISRAEL

Sandra Bessis' release on DOM

>             16 - Romances judéo-espagnoles de IBERIQUE ,ENSEMBLE
>LYRIQUE,

Early music style

>             17 - Mélodies judéo-arabes d'autrefois de MAGHREB
>             18 - Yiddish and judeo-spanish songs de MOSAIC
>             19 - The grandmother sings (Judeo spanish song) (And
>family) de JAGODA, FLORA

Bosnian artist, living for decades in the DC area. Widely available on
Global Village

>             20 - The art of judeo-spanish song de HAMBRA, AL

THIS IS GREAT!!! THE GROUP IS ALHAMBRA. ISABELLE WILL BE TICKLED!

>             21 -  Romanzas sefaradies (Cantos judeo espanoles)
>ALVAREZ, VALENTINA

Have it. It's out of Mexico. Think I got it at Tower, actually.

>                      22 -                         Chants judéo-arabes
>HAIM
>                      23 -                          Raices / vol.1
>(Cantos tradicidnales judeo-espagnoles) ESPAGNE

On Tecnosaga. Simon??

>                      24 -                          Cantos
>judeo-españoles de Mar Ruecos                          ESPAGNE
>                      25 -                          Cantos judeo
>españoles                          ROTHSTEIN, LENA
>                      26 -                          Cantos judeo
>españoles / vol.2                          ROTHSTEIN, LENA

Driving folky rendition. Austrian label

>More from "juive" that I didn't pick up the first time (due to
>idiosyncracies of the website).
>           21 -Shpil Es Nokl A Mol (Musique juive d'Europe Centrale)
>SHPIL ES NOKL A MOL, GROUPE
>                         22 -                             Liturgies
>juives d'Ethiopie                             ETHIOPIE
>                         23 -                             La petite
>juive (Compilation)                             FANON, MAURICE
>                         24 -   Traditions juives (Yiddish soul, les
>grandes fêtees...)   PEUPLE JUIF
>                         25 -  Chants, danses et musiques traditions
>juives             ADAMA
>                         26 -        Musique folklorique d'origine
>juive bulgare  FLYING BULGAR KLEZMER BAND (THE)
>
>Another idiosyncracy: a search of Musiques Traditionnelles quickly
>found
>Great Jewish Music: Bacharach, Burt
>
>Bob

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home:           781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Cell:           781-622-0309
Email:          jbresler (at) ma(dot)ultranet(dot)com