Kol Ishah from a Fancophone Slant

hi, sorry for taking slight liberties with the name of this list... I had to
quote a message I just received. I'll be doing a small concert for the VERY
small Jewish community in Moncton, New Brunswick, possibly the most
functionally bilingual (French-English) city in N. America. The prganizer
had just told me it was an orthodox synagogue and so I asked whether he was
sure Kol Ishah wouldn't be a problem (I needn't, for my fellow list members
here, summarize my experiences in this direction. His reply:
Si la synagogue est orthodoxe - pas de probleme pour "Kol Ishah"? J'ai

"Mais pas du tout. Le concert se ferait dans la salle en bas, pas dans le
sanctuaire, il n'y a absolument aucun probleme et d'ailleurs il y a deja eu
maints artistes feminins qui sont venus a Tiferes Israel."

("But not at all! [i.e. not a problem]. The concert would be in the
downstairs hall, not in the sanctuary, there is absolutely no problem and
besides, we've already had many women artists at Tiferet Israel".

No comment, just thought I'd share this positive message with you...
Judith