Re: Kol Isha

Right on, Shira!

I can begin to understand why someone with your mindset left copyright law.
Great post.  People just tend to shy away from real issues.
I am shocked that an issue pertaining to social justice, not to mention the
aspirations and livelihoods of many on this list (who struggle with this
stuff every day)  would be perceived as a "rat hole" and not an opportunity
to effect change.

You made your point very well.

Steve --
To me, a musical group was always an "Us-against-the-world" proposition.
All for one and one for all, -- in all sincerity.
I would feel disloyal doing what you do under these circumstances.
It's like: "Okay, we won't bring the Black guy".
Your position perpetuates, in my view, a social injustice and panders to
dangerous regressive forces that harm us all.  The intermarriage and
assimilation issue is a distraction.

Then again, if it's only business -- There was an early rock and roll group,
the Hollywood Argyles. They had  white, Black and Latino line-ups.

Jewish life and living are too precious to be dominated by the monolithic
arcane views
of a handful of MEN ONLY.

I believe Judaism is an evolving civilization.
Jewish institutions are another matter.

We can only hope that through protracted peace and the healing of
survivor families, the uprooted, embattled and impoverished,
we can truly evolve and leave the tired obscure outlooks of mere mortal
men behind.  Infallibility is not a Jewish concept as applied to human
beings.

Let's play Halakhic Hot Seat:

Let's say there is a singing Jewish hermaphrodite out there.
Can  orthodox men listen to the verses, but not the choruses?

Trudi Goodman wrote:

> ayn take mol..
> daynes veld iz die kleynzeker veld, maynes iz gantze sondern ish denk aber
> zis.

Guerilla Yiddish Lesson #208
<take nokh amol>
<dayn velt iz di kleyner velt> <mayn is gants andersh ikh denk, ober zis>

Wolf