Re: Keep it up, Josh!

Josh wrote:

> An in-depth analysis of Bach's music will often
>show that his most moving pieces have an extremely high density of
>dissonance, as this is where the music derives its emotional power from.
>And dissonance need not always be treated correctly to be effective.

I've been learning this from our work in Wholesale. I play melody and don't
focus on chords as much as I should--but when I recently tried playing some
Yiddish folk songs with guitar from a book which included chords, there I
was, throwing out half of them. I missed that dissonance.

I've also been applying this to my work in calligraphy and general
understanding of arts and literature. Without that tension and resolution,
it has limited power.

Peggy

Wholesale Klezmer Band &
Peggy H. Davis Calligraphy