-----Original Message-----
From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of MaxwellSt (at)
aol(dot)com
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 1999 9:18 AM
To: World music from a Jewish slant
Subject: Re: Review of Craig's Friday Night Live

In a message dated 09/08/1999 9:39:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
taxrelief (at) bitstorm(dot)net writes:

<<  more of us love the cd than don't appreciate your work >>

Whether or not one appreciates Craig's work (and he has a fine following),
let's avoid "taking sides" in matters of personal taste (or implying that
majority approval of any artistic work proves its worth--because if so, then
the opposite is implied.)  No one is right for appreciating one type of
music
or wrong for finding flaws.  Besides which I am a little perturbed at the
idea that there's something wrong when a critic does his job and critiques
instead of giving blanket approval to a performance.

Go ahead, pan my recording!

Lori Lippitz