ladino music

Replying to Joel Bresler: can you be more detailed about how these Sephardi
musicians 'smoothed out' traditional songs? Were they trying to make them
more acceptable/mainstream/classical?

I am one person who is delighted to hear from Judith that the songs were
originally sung a capella by women with percussion accompaniment. Would she
approve of my arrangements? I grew up listening to recordings of Victoria de
los Angeles singing old Spanish, Flamenco and Sephardi songs and that's where
I get my knowledge of harmony from (definitely not from books or music
teachers).

Lucy Fisher
'Ignorance is a delicate flower - touch it and the bloom is gone.' (Oscar
Wilde)