Re: Beregovski Recordings

Hi Pete,

Beregovski and An-Ski wax cilinder recordings have been released on a CD
entitled "Treasure of jewish culture in Ukraine". The recordings are taken
from the collection of the Vernadsky National Library of the Ukraine and
are put on CD by the Institute for Information Recording which is part of
the National Academy of Sciences of the Ukraine. You can email them at:
petrov (at) ipri(dot)kiev(dot)ua (or look at www.ipri.kiev.ua). They have a USA
representative, see below

Here's part of a message I received in answer to an email I sent them last
year:

"Thank you for the interest showed to our works on the re-recording ofö Edison
phonograph cylindersö collection. At the present time we recorded more than 800
cylinders with Jewish folklore and ethnical music. Now we're doing the
necessary records processing andö we're completing the next CD.

You may buy our firstö CD named "Jewish Culture Treasureö in Ukraine"ö from our
USA representative. His contact information is: Alex Herenchak,
BARNETT&HERENCHAK, Inc., P.O.Box 156 Provinceline Road, Allentown, NJö 8501,
USA, Fax: 609-758-7301, Tel: 609-758-1115. It will be more quickly and
conveniently for you."

Gerben

Gerben Zaagsma
Koninginnelaan 35