Re: JEWISH-MUSIC digest 1279/Mezz

It should also be remembered that Mezz fought for authentic jazz at a time when
rather superficial swing was the thing. Without Mezz Tommy Ladnier, that
amazing New Orleans cornetist, wouldn't have had the chance to record anew at
all (although he died a few years later). Not to speak of that true genius
Sidney Bechet, if he is known (he has in these circumstances the disadvantage
of not being a Jew).

And why have you people now, 50 years after, a need to belittle Mezz?

One never knows, does one? Or one knows...

Ingemar