Re: Irish/Jewish music

A wonderful, but alas short-lived Jewish folk/loosely klezmer band called
Derech Olam used to play the gorgeous Irish melody Star of the County Down,
only they sang the words of the morning (wake-up) prayer Modeh Ani to
it--just beautiful.  I taught this shidduch to a friend a couple of decades
ago and learned a few years ago that he'd been singing/davening it ever
since....Does anyone have any idea whatever happened to the violinist Alan
Kaufman, who was the guiding force behind Derech Olam?