new on the KlezmerShack

It's rare that I have time to do serious additions to the KlezmerShack,
so I wanted to mention some special stuff that got added this weekend:

List participant Dr. Judith Cohen's short bibliography of Sephardic music:
http://www.klezmershack.com/articles/9903.cohen_j.sephardic.html

List participant Josh Horowitz's recent posts on modes and on the tsimbl:

http://www.klezmershack.com/articles/horowitz/horowitz.klezmodes.html  and
http://www.klezmershack.com/articles/horowitz/horowitz.klezmodes.html ,
respectively, or look over the general selection of articles (suggestions
and additions welcome, either for me to host, or more easily, to link to) at:

http://www.klezmershack.com/contacts/klezwords.html

A recently-discovered review of a Japanese klezmer band, plus reviews of
the new JAM Klezmer Festival 1998 album, the Freilachmakers Klezmer String
Band, and Argentina's Lerner-Moguilevsky duo, available from

http://www.klezmershack.com/klezlist.html#newreview

Now, back to pondering a better interface and other things that would
make browsing the site easier....

Enjoy!
ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/