Re: New Ladino "Musical Comedy" CD

Hi, all.

I had heard of it (in the latest Sefardic Electronic Archive) but hadn't
yet had a chance to snare it. Of course, I'll take it.

It's Lolik (as in Lolik Levy) and Betty Klein.

Good sleuthing,

Joel

At 08:50 PM 8/2/99 -0400, you wrote:

>I just received one of the most unusual recordings I've ever seen ;
>"Sefaradis de Dor end Dor" A Musical Comedy in Ladino.
>
>(from the liner notes)   ...songs and instrumental passages from the musical
>comedy "Sefaradis de Dor  en Dor", through which we are told the true story
>of a Jewish Sefardic family ...Spanning  three generations..."
>
>The time span of the story begins in Ismir in 1906, to a Kibbutz in Israel in
>1960.
>The booklet Is written in Ladino, Hebrew and English, however the songs are
>NOT  translated into English. The score consists of traditional and NEW
>Ladino songs.
>The all-star cast includes such "Ladino" stars as Lulik, Yehoram Gaon, Betty
>Kline, and many more.
>
>I have to get off now, I think Joel will be calling!
>
>Simon
>Hatikvah

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home:           781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Cell:           781-622-0309
Email:          jbresler (at) ma(dot)ultranet(dot)com