footnotes to two Reyzl postings

Reyzl wrote (I don't know how to cut and paste this elegantly, and can't
find the originals anyway!--Sorry):  "I would really like to know when and
where we have had a lyricist ... succeed in becoming a main force in any
part of the American music industry"--Two answers come to mind, probably
among many:  Charles K. Harris, who wrote "After the Ball" (first monster
hit in American popular music history; turn of the century); and, for that
matter, Irving Berlin.  Russell Sanjek's AMERICAN POPULAR MUSIC AND ITS
BUSINESS, Vol. II, might be of interest in this regard (covers til turn of
the century; not Berlin). This is just a footnote to the particular point; I
know nothing at all about rap music (except that I can't stand it); though I
do know that some of the early doo-woppers, certainly, had their writing
credits ripped off by producers and not-even producers, at least one of
whom, sadly, was an honored (by the community) MOT--for which the noxious PE
stuff is, perhaps, karma of a sort, however vile....Reyzl also wrote (in re
the idea of teaching dance teaching at KlezCamp):  "Here, here."  It's
"Hear, Hear"!  (as in "Listen Up!") (as in "Shema"?)