kids, simchas, dances

Chevrim,

With all this talk of low quality, un-Jewish music, especially at our simchas, I
guess I feel pretty blessed.  My daughter actually insisted upon (and, needless
to say, got) a live klezmer band (Dreigroschen Klezmorim; local, very fine,
unrecorded) for the reception at her bat mitzvah.  By the way, it was (not that
this was a factor in our decision) a whole lot cheaper than booking a d. j., as
some of my friends and cousins did for their kids.

A Gut Shabes,

Alex Lubet, Ph. D.
Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor of Music
Adjunct Professor of American Studies
University of Minnesota
2106 4th St. S
Minneapolis, MN 55455