Re: Havah Nagilah (not again!)

At 06:43 AM 7/9/99 -0400, you wrote:
>A while back, someone (sorry, I don't remember who) mentioned a
>"twist" version of Havah Nagilah by Brave Combo, the Texas "polka"
>group.   I haven't found that selection on their recordings.  Does it
>go by a different name?

I looked through all of my recordings and couldn't find it.
Maybe someone has a more complete collection. They do perform
it, though, so the best thing (and a good thing in its own right)
would be to catch them when they come through your town (they tour
a lot, and broadly) and ask. (The last album of theirs that I picked
up had an interesting version of "Nigun Atik")

Only caveat--bring ear plugs. They tend to play loud these days.

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
http://www.ivritype.com/