Re: Sephardic Music

At 02:00 PM 7/4/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear Josh,
>
>You're right, the David Saltiel Cd is a great recording. We are the
>distributor of this recording in the United States and it has been very well
>received and acknowledged for it's 'authentisity'.
>
>We also distribute a CD by Aron Saltiel, however his Cd is called "Yiddishe
>Lieder", is this the same Aron Saltiel to which you refered, and if so, does
>HE have any Ladino recordings.

Same artist. He has recorded as part of the group Alondra:

Sefardische Romanzen (self-distributed)
Sefardische Romanzen II (self-distributed)
Chants Sépharades Arion 33711

All now out of print, but maybe you can convince to give a second life to
the self-distributed ones!

>The Inedit recording that you refered to is called "Chants Judeo-Espagnols"
>and features both Bienvenida "Berta" Aguado  and Loretta "Dora" Gerassi.
>Though.I have carried this recording for approximately 5 years, I didn't
>realize until I spoke to Ewin Seroussi 3 weeks ago, that he was also involved
>with this recording.
>Every thing he's associated with is first class!

Edwin and Dr. Judith R. Cohen are now working on a Rounder release of some
knock-out Moroccan Jewish music recorded in the ?1950s? by American expat
Paul Bowles. Due out later this year.

Best, Joel

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home:           781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Cell:           781-622-0309
Email:          jbresler (at) ma(dot)ultranet(dot)com