Re: you're as Jewish as you think you are!!!

My great grandfather was an Irish foundling born in London, England, left on
jewish people's doorstep in 1850-1860. They took him in and adopted him.  He
was raised Orthodox, came to the USA, had a store in an Irish section of
Boston.  he definitely didn't "look" Jewish, He looked sort of like Conan
O'brien. My mother and sister have this coloring.  _auburn red hair and blue
eyes.  Very County Clare.
My great grandfather, James Nathan Bornstein had a great philosophy on this
subject of who and what is a Jew.  If you didn't like the fact that he was
Irish---too bad.  If you didn't like the fact that he was Jewish---equally
too bad.  If you didn't like the fact that he was an Irish Jew---how fast
could you run?
In other words, be all of who you are.  Not a bad philosophy, hunh.
Pretty novel and scary and dangerous for 1890's America.  but shouldn't be
such a "biggie" for YK2000. Live and Let live.  And as that wonderful jewish
composer, Mozart said..."Love, love that is the soul of genuis."  Yes he was
jewish---and.???
Love and knishes, Trudi Goodman

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->