Re: editorial and attributive minutiae

Re "betray":  Ouch!  Yes, no doubt a legitimate usage (and I've _written_
for dictionaries!).  But I still might changed it in a ms. for publication,
as it's ambiguous.  Re:  Curt Sachs.  The def. I quoted is near-univerally
atttributed to Sachs, so far as I know--I believe first offered at a
particular Jewish music conference  c. 1950. (I.e., we even know _when_ he
coined it.)  If it in fact originated w/ Fromm, I certainly want to know--I
quote this defnition often in lectures, attributed to Sachs.  Perhaps Fromm
thought he was legitimately paraphrasing.  Or perhaps he _does_ attribute it
somewhere.  Anyway, thanks for yr reply--more to come re doo-wops.--Robert