Re: What Is ...?--(mostly playful) musings

Thank you, Wolf, for having those Dylan verses to hand.

Nobody ever mentions Leonard Cohen here: is it wrong to do so?  He wrote a
refrain
that speaks of an imperfect creation, still waiting for our help:

    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in.

            Leonard Cohen,  _Anthem_

--
Owen Davidson
Amherst  Mass

Wherever we turn in the storm of roses,
the night is lit up by thorns, and the thunder
of leaves, once so quiet within the bushes,
rumbles at our heels.

Ingeborg Bachmann