Re: Copyright

There's currently a court challenge (I believe in New Hampshire) to the
1998 extension to life + 70. The challenge is based on the constitutional
premise that copyright exists for the common good of the culture and that
keeping so much stuff out of public domain for so long seriously inhibits
a common culture from developing.

Stay tuned.

Incidentally, I was under the impression that ASCAP and BMI gave up
certain blanket licensing agreements in restauraunts as a compromise to
Congress to get the Life + 70 extension. Any body know anything about
this? Simon?

Eliott Kahn